Tuesday, July 29, 2008

do not grow weary. do not loose heart.

Inspiriation. Dictionary.com says "Inspiration" is : a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul. Inspiration comes daily in different forms. Sometimes, it is through direct coversation. Sometimes it is through a reading. Sometimes it is merely by the way a person behaves.

Encouragement. Dictionary.com gives synonyms for encouragement: praise, support, boost, lift, endorsement. Is it not just wonderful when you come across a person who is filled with the spiritual gift of encouragement? It can change your entire perspective on life.

I Am is fully aware of every circumstance in daily life. He knows when you need inspiration. My Jesus sends encouragement when discouragement comes.

Sometimes life brings complicated circumstances. Sometimes, God allows us to be placed in situations where we are challenged, tried, tested. What student looses knowledge when studying a trying subject? What student increases his or GPA by never allowing himself/herself to learn new things? The same goes true for the Christian walk. No Christian grows if he or she never is broken. Being broken is when new character qualities are formed. When a Christian is tested, his or her trust and faith in the Lord strenthens.

God has sent me both inspiration and encouragement this week as I am facing, what is, the hardest, most eye-opening, heart-breaking experience this Southern Baptist girl has ever experienced. Never underestimate the blessing of Christian friends.

Yesterday, I was blessed with a few hours of quiet time. As I called a dear, dear friend to catch up, God entered our conversation. I believe He guided each of us with words to say to give inspiration and encouragement to one another. At the end of our conversation, God layed on her heart to pray for me over the phone. She then led a prayer that obviously was filled with words straight from the Father. My friend prayed for specific situations I had shared with her. Never underestimate the power of prayer. God is teaching me not to pray as if already defeated, but to pray in hope.

God knew that today, my heart would be broken for those whom I am around. God sent my friend's phone call because He knew I would need an extra dose of spiritual support before the activities today held. And right before another hit came, He sent another dear friend my way who reminded me of Hebrews 12:3, "Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

God has placed me where I am for a purpose. I pray He will give me strength to carry out His will. He will never leave me nor forsake me. He is my Rock. No matter the viewpoints of those around me, I will not grow weary; I will not loose heart.




**my new blog site is "inspired" by sarah and caleb's blogs**

No comments: